17 July 2019, 8.45am – 5.30pm
As managers, you will deal with different team members’ styles which may or may not appeal to your type. However, people are not necessarily difficult to deal with. They only seem difficult because managers lack the skills of an appropriate communication style on when to motivate, lead and manage team members. It is imperative that managers are equipped with the essential skills to handle different groups of people to improve work relationships in teams. Learn the importance of people motivation and the power of delegation.
This high energy, interactive workshop defies the conventional methods of “dos and don’ts” of communication 101 training. Managers will become aware of the opportunities to thrive with change and learn critical skills needed to enhance their career development. Discover how you can come out tops with not just textbook answers but tried and tested techniques as well.
- Improve team members’ performance levels.
- Reduce stress levels among colleagues.
- Confidently handle and lessen grievances and complaints in a systematic and calm fashion.
- Master the art of objection handling and work towards a resolution.
- Promote work productivity and sense of belonging in the workplace.
Understanding Peoples’ Communication Tendencies
- Branding yourself as a manager.
- Using the DISC to understand an individual’s outward behaviour and thought processes.
- How to use the DISC psychometric tool to communicate and counsel to different groups of people.
- How to motivate team members effectively
Situational Leadership Styles
- Understanding Tuckman’s model of team dynamics.
- What are the qualities of a Performing Team?
- Identifying team members’ developmental levels, their current level of competence and commitment.
- What appropriate Leadership Styles should you adopt?
- What actions can you take to lead them currently and to the next level?
- Coach using the GROW model.
- Using 6 levels of assertion.
- Applying affective delegation tips to achieve maximum results.
- Group Discussion/Brainstorming
- Case Studies
- Self-Analysis/Critique Session
- Learning from a Partner
- Interactive Exercises
Who Should Attend
Managers and leaders who are managing a team.
Caroline Josephine Dawson
Caroline Josephine Dawson has more than 18 years of invaluable experience as an Editor of lifestyle and technical publications and 15 years teaching business management, environmental and soft-skills communication.
She holds a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from NTU (Singapore) and has attained the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification through the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. Caroline is also an MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark/Emotion practitioner and she has administered the tools to top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members. She is currently pursuing her doctorate studies in Business Administration through a Paris-based business school.
Her many opportunities in working with the public and private sectors around the world has enhanced her training experience. Participants of her training workshops attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training methodology that have helped them in their workplace business management. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
Ms Caroline gave a very nice talk and made the class laugh with a fun topic.
I enjoyed Caroline’s presentation. She is an experienced speaker & trainer!
Caroline is good, quite informative and fun entertaining.
Ms Caroline is a very awesome speaker. She was very clear and informative. Easy to understand.
Ms Caroline is a fantastic speaker. Engaging and able to bring all participants to attention.
Very interesting speaker with good real life examples.
Caroline Dawson is awesome. She is dynamic and humourous.
Early Bird Fee: S$ 529.65
(until 28 February 2019)
Regular Fee: S$ 636.65
All fees include 7% GST, documentation, refreshments & lunch