Different Strokes for Different Folks
4 July 2019, 8.45am – 5.30pm
People are not necessarily difficult to deal with. They only seem difficult when we lack the appropriate communication style. It is imperative to be equipped with the essential skills to handle different groups of people.
In this workshop you will learn the appropriate communication styles that will help avoid ineffective communication and improve work relationships. Do not let negative experiences affect your willingness to try and get along with anyone! Discover how you can use the DISC as a tool to come out tops with not just textbook answers but tried and tested techniques as well!
- Improve participants’ performance levels.
- Reduce stress levels among colleagues.
- Confidently handle and lessen grievances and complaints in a systematic and calm fashion.
- Master the art of objection handling and work towards a resolution.
- Using EQ to interact positively with your colleagues and subordinates; and clients.
- Identifying, discerning and escalating people’s needs.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships.
- Reading people by identifying one’s perception, values and belief system.
Understanding People Communication Tendencies
- Personality development—nature or nurture?
- Understanding the 4 communication styles.
- How to use the four personality type psychometric tool (DISC) to communicate to different groups of people.
- How to leverage on one’s strengths and work on his/her weaknesses.
- Understanding the differences between behaviour and intentions—Customising communication style to different profile types.
- Using the DISC to promote team cohesiveness and buddy systems.
- Group Discussion/Brainstorming
- Case Studies
- Self-Analysis/Critique Session
- Learning from a Partner
- Interactive Exercises
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has to deal with different types of people on a daily basis.
Caroline Josephine Dawson
Caroline Josephine Dawson has more than 18 years of invaluable experience as an Editor of lifestyle and technical publications and 15 years teaching business management, environmental and soft-skills communication.
She holds a Master of Arts in Mass Communication from NTU (Singapore) and has attained the Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) certification through the London Teacher Training College and also teaches English as a foreign language. Caroline is also an MBTI®, DISC Accredited Administrator, Enneagram and Lumina Spark/Emotion practitioner and she has administered the tools to top level managers and supervisors on managing their leadership styles and team members. She is currently pursuing her doctorate studies in Business Administration through a Paris-based business school.
Her many opportunities in working with the public and private sectors around the world has enhanced her training experience. Participants of her training workshops attest to her motivational, instructional and highly experiential training methodology that have helped them in their workplace business management. Caroline has trained operational, supervisory and managerial staff from various organisations.
Ms Caroline gave a very nice talk and made the class laugh with a fun topic.
I enjoyed Caroline’s presentation. She is an experienced speaker & trainer!
Caroline is good, quite informative and fun entertaining.
Ms Caroline is a very awesome speaker. She was very clear and informative. Easy to understand.
Ms Caroline is a fantastic speaker. Engaging and able to bring all participants to attention.
Very interesting speaker with good real life examples.
Caroline Dawson is awesome. She is dynamic and humourous.
Group Fee: S$ 529.65 / person
(for group registrations of 2 or more)
Regular Fee: S$ 636.65
All fees include 7% GST, documentation, refreshments & lunch